- Check to make sure that all fluids are at the required level. Oil changes are suggested before and after dyno tuning.
- Boost leak check your car. It is essential that you properly boost leak check your car prior to arrival for your tune.
- Ensure there is no fluid of any kind leaking from the car. If there is, fix it. If you cannot fix it, make an appointment with us to have it fixed prior to your tune.
- Dual Map Tunes - If you are planning on having dual maps done on multiple fuels, only bring your car in with a minimal amount of one fuel in the tank.
For example: If you want to be tuned on Pump Gas and E85, please bring the car in with no more than 1/4 tank of Pump Gas. This saves a great deal of time when switching to E85 without having to drain the tank.
• If you are getting a Flex Fuel tune, you are responsible for providing 10 Gallons of E85. If you do not provide us with E85, you will be charged a service fee of $30.00 in addition to the price of the fuel.
- Compression Check/Spark Plugs - Dyno Tuning takes a toll on your engine and your spark plugs. It is recommended that the car have fresh spark plugs before your tune. If you have any questions regarding what gap to install them at, please call and ask the tuner. While the spark plugs are out of the car, a compression test is advised. This is something that should be performed regularly on a modified car.
- Vacuum lines must be zip tied tightly onto their intended fitting. Please make sure all vacuum lines / couplers are secured properly.
- Please make sure all tires are adequate to be put on the dyno. We will not put a car with stretched tires on the dyno. We will not put a car with bald tires and cords showing on the dyno. This is a basic necessity for every car and we will not put ourselves or our equipment at risk due to incorrect tire fitment or tires that do not pass our visual inspection. Also ensure tires are properly inflated evenly across the car.
- Please make sure your battery is charged and working properly. If the car has a dead battery when you arrive we will not tune the car until a new one is installed.
- If you have chosen to install your own parts, please ensure everything is installed and functioning properly.
Dyno Appointment Fee
There is a required deposit of $100 to schedule a dyno tune appointment. This deposit is to hold your appointment. Upon completion of your appointment, the deposit will be applied to the remaining balance of your tune cost.
This deposit is NON REFUNDABLE. Once this deposit is taken, you are expected to arrive on time for your scheduled appointment. If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, you forfeit your deposit.
If you show up for your appointment and the car is deemed to be unfit for the dyno, you forfeit your deposit. You will then have the option to make an appointment to have the issues fixed, or to leave and fix the issues yourself. You will then need to schedule a new tuning appointment for a future date.
You may reschedule your appointment ONE time within 48 hours of your appointment. If it is not rescheduled 48 hours prior to your appointment, your deposit is forfeited. If you reschedule your appointment once and need to reschedule a second time, an additional $100 NON REFUNDABLE deposit will be required.
Dyno Tuning Fees
All of our Dyno tuning fees are flat rate fees. These include dyno time as well as street drivability tuning. The fees associated with a Dyno tune appointment are all inclusive plus tax. As long as no other work needs completed, this will be the extent of the costs.
If your car leaks ANY fluids on the dyno, there will be a $100 clean up fee added to your bill. It is imperative that you follow the guidelines of the Pre-Dyno Checklist before showing up for your appointment.
If at any point during your tune appointment the car needs mechanical work performed, the car must be unstrapped, removed from the dyno, fixed, and strapped back down to the dyno. We will not be performing any mechanical work on the dyno during your Tune appointment.
- There will be a $75.00 Strapping / Unstrapping fee assessed to your final bill.
- The shop labor rate of $110.00/hr will be assessed for any mechanical work performed in this time. There is a minimum charge of 1 hour of labor added to your final bill for any mechanical work performed.
If the car is too low to be put on the dyno, you will forfeit your deposit. If your car has excessive camber, we will not put the car on the dyno. If your car has stretched tires, we will not put the car on the dyno.
We make every effort to get these cars on the dyno safely. However extremely lowered cars hinder us from properly securing the car to the dyno and we will not be taking a risk. You will be asked to take the car home, raise the car up and reschedule your appointment. Your deposit will be forfeited.
Dyno Terms and Conditions
Please check with your manufacturer to determine the status of your warranty if Dyno Tuning is completed. See all instructions at on our Dyno Tuning page.
Every effort is made to ensure the safety and reliability of your car while being calibrated. Dyno Tuning is extremely hard on the powertrain in your car. Although many safety features are put in place, TPG Tuning LLC accepts no responsibility for any damage incurred by any of the processes associated with tuning your vehcile. We are not liable for any damage that may occur to your powertrain during any of the processes associated with tuning your vehicle. You have chosen to modify your car from factory specifications, and you now accept responsibility for that decision. We offer no warranty, written or implied.
Sign form at TPG Tuning. By signing, you release TPG Tuning LLC from any and all liability. TPG Tuning LLC is not responsible for any damage incurred to your engine or drivetrain throughout this process.